You can now disconnect or change the Slack channel that is connected to an existing space in Workast.
If you'd like to learn how to connect an existing space to a Slack channel for the first time, see this article. If you'd like to learn how to create a space and connect it to a Slack channel from creation, see this article.
Please note that a Slack channel can only be associated with one Workast space.
To disconnect a Slack channel from an existing space
- Open the space in the Workast web app.
- Click on the Slack icon in the top right-hand section
- Click "Disconnect."
- A confirmation pop-up will appear - select "Yes" to confirm that you want to disconnect that space from the Slack channel.
- The space will now be disconnected from that Slack channel.
To change the Slack channel linked to a space
- Open the space in the Workast web application.
- Click on Slack icon in the top right-hand corner
- Click on "Settings" - a pop-up will appear with a list of Slack channels. Scroll up and down to see the full list of channels. (Please note that only public channels are available at this time.)
- Select the Slack channel that you want to have linked to the space.
- Press "Save" to confirm the change.
Looking for something else? Learn how to create a Slack to do list here.