Workast is a task management platform where you can create tasks for you and your team members. Tasks are the main component in Workast which helps you to track work, manage daily to-dos and run projects. Workast is unique as it connects directly to Slack so you can create tasks when you are in a Slack channel. Learn more about Workast here.
A task can then be broken down into smaller tasks which is called a subtask. A subtask adds the flexibility of showing smaller or related steps within a larger task. *
To create a subtask
- Open the task that needs a subtask
- Click on the subtask icon in the top panel. If the task already has subtasks, you'll have an option to click +Create a new subtask under the existing subtasks as well.
- The subtask panel will open in the task.
- Type the subtask title in the Task Summary.
- To assign the subtask during task creation, click on the people icon or hit tab and select the user(s.) To add a due date during task creation, either type the due date in the task title or click on the calendar icon. Hit enter to save the subtask.
- To close the subtask creation panel, click on the subtask icon in the top panel.
- To edit or customize the subtask, click on the subtask to open the subtask panel. You can learn more about editing or customizing subtasks here.
* Subtasks are a feature available with some Workast plans. For more information on our various plans, click here.