With Workast, you have the option to create tasks that repeat on a regular basis. The repeat options are customizable by days, weeks, and months, so whether it's a task that happens every day, every 2nd Tuesday, or once every 4 months, the repeating task options can work for you!To add a repeating option to a task:
- Open the calendar option or existing due date to add or edit a due date. This can be done during task creation, from the list/board view, or from the task details screen. This will open up the calendar options.
- Click on the calendar to set a due date. Set a due time in the due time field if desired.
- Click on "Repeat" to bring up the repeating task options.
- Choose how often would like the task to repeat:
- Never - this means that the task will not repeat
- Daily - this means that the task will be created again every day once the task is marked as completed
- Monthly - this means that the task will be created on the same day each month once the task is completed. You can adjust how often this will occur using arrow keys next to the number- for example, every 1 month will mean the task will repeat monthly, 3 will mean it repeats every 3 months, etc. *
- Monthly on a set day of the month - this means that the task will repeat on the same day of the week as the current due date. So, if your task is due on the last Wednesday of the month, the repeat option will be set for the last Wednesday of the month. If the task is due on the first Monday of the month, the option will be set for the first Monday of the month *
- Weekday - this means that the task will be created Monday through Friday once the task is marked as completed. It will not repeat on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Weekly - this means that the task will be created on the same day(s) each week once the task is completed. You can select which days of the week in which the tasks occurs by clicking on the day boxes, and you can adjust how often this will occur by using the arrow keys next to the number. For example, if you highlight the first and second T (indicating Tuesday and Thursday), and have the task repeat every 2 weeks, the task will repeat every other week on both Tuesday and Thursday
- Yearly - this means that the task will repeat on the same day each year once the task is marked as completed *
- If you want the task to be created in the same list within the space when it repeats, click the switch next to "Create in current list" so the button is green and moved to the right. Otherwise, the task will be created in the default list in the space.
- Click "Save" to save your due date options. When you minimize the task, you will see a repeating arrow symbol on the task line to indicate that it is repeating task.
- Please note - the first task must be completed for the next task to be created. Only one task at a time will appear.
Removing the repeating task option
To remove the repeating option, click on the due date to bring up the calendar options, and change the repeat setting to "Never."
*Please note - Repeating task options do not override plan limitations. For example, if your Essential/free plan is limited to a 30-day task history and you set a task to repeat in two months, the task will be archived before it comes due. To learn about our various plans, click here.