Any member* of your Slack team can be added to your Workast team. You can do so in one of three ways:
- In Slack - by assigning a task to the user. Learn how here.
- In the web app - by adding the user to a space. Learn how here.
- In the admin dashboard in the web app - see below. You must be a team admin to add users using this method. To learn more about the admin user role, click here.
* To learn how to add guest users to your team's Workast, click here.
Adding new users in your admin dashboard
- Access your admin dashboard by clicking on the arrow next to your name in the top left-hand corner of the web app, then selecting "Manage (Your Team.)" This will open your admin dashboard.
- Once in your admin dashboard, select "add user." You must be in the "Active" user view and a team admin to add a user.
- Begin to type the user's name in the search field, then click on their name when it populates. You must type in at least 3 letters to begin the user search.
Quick tip - if the user is not populating when you are typing in their name, check to see if they've been deactivated by clicking the "Active" tab and changing it to "Deactivated." To learn how to change member roles, click here.
To learn how to deactivate a user, click here.