By default, a notification is sent to the corresponding Slack channel when a task is completed.
If you don't want the task completion notification in your Slack channels, you can turn that setting off.
- From Workast, open the space.
- Click on the Slack app button at the top of your space in the web app.
- This will open a dialogue box. Select "Settings."
- The Slack settings for the space will open.
- If you'd like to see task completion messages in the corresponding Slack channel when you complete a task in , check the box next to "Share completed tasks." If you don't want task creation messages, uncheck that box. Click "Save" to confirm your changes.
- Turned off, your space settings will look like this:
Please note - due to the privacy regulations in place for private spaces in Slack, completed tasks notifications will only be sent in private channels/direct messages when the Workast application has been active in the channel within the past 30 minutes.
For information on customizing or turning off the notifications in your Workast channel, click here.
To learn how to turn on task creation notifications, click here.