Workast is a task manager for teams on Slack. Workast helps teams create tasks when having Slack conversations, manage projects, track daily to-dos and more.
Listed as the best project management tool in the Slack app directory, we're here to help you get more done. Add Workast to your Slack account today to start creating tasks with Slack.
There are multiple ways to set a due date:
- In Slack while creating a task
- In Slack after task creation using the drop-down message menu
- In Slack using the drop-down message menu under a /todo list
When creating a task in Slack:
- When you create a task in Slack using /todo you can set a due date and time by typing the due date in the task details. You can use either an exact date, or a day of the week. For example: /todo book caterer April 4 9am or /todo webinar planning 4/8/18
- Please note - the date and time can be in any format recognized by Slackbot, but must be set in the future. You can create a task that is due the same day, but you must specify a time later than the current time. For example, if it is currently March 1st at 12:00 pm, you could create a task /todo Emergency meeting 3/1 2pm.
Using Slack buttons and message menus when a task is created:
- You can add a due date after you have created a task by using the 'Due Date' button and message menu.
- Once a task is created, there is the option to 'Add Due Date'
- Click on this drop down menu and choose a due date
- To edit the due date or time, click on the elipses (three dots,) select "Edit," which will bring up your task details.
- Click on "Pick a date" or the existing due date. Click on the calendar to set or change the due date. If you want to add a due time, select "Due time" and scroll to your selected due time. Click on the time to select it.
- Click "Save" to confirm the change.
Using the drop-down message menu after using /todo list
- Use the /todo list command in the channel that contains the task to be updated.
- Select your task from the list.
- Click on the elipses (three dots) to the right of the task to bring up the editing menu.
- Click "Edit" which will bring up your task details.
- Click on "Pick a date" or the existing due date. Click on the calendar to set or change the due date.
- To add a due time, select "Due time" and scroll to your selected due time. Click on the time to select it.
- Click "Save" to finalizing the change.