Workast + Slack go together like peanut butter and jelly. With Workast, you can create tasks directly through Slack. Listed as an "Essential App" in the Slack marketplace itself, and with a free version, Workast is the easiest way to manage your projects with Slack.
A Workast 'Space' is where your tasks live. It can be a project, event, customer, team, department and so on.
Spaces can be connected to a:
Workast follows the same privacy settings as Slack. If the Slack channel is public, the Workast Space will be public. If the Slack channel is private, the Workast Space will be private.
How to create a Space in Slack Channel
To create a Space in Slack, simply click on the Slack channel you wish to create a Space in.
- Type /todo and press enter
- You will be presented with two options.
- 1. To connect the Slack channel to an existing Space in Workast
- 2. To create a new Space in Workast
- Choose 'Create new Space' to create a new Space in Workast
- Enter the name of the Space
- Click 'Create'
The Space is now created
* Space and task creation in private channels and group direct messages is a Premium (paid) feature. Click here to learn about our various plans and features.
Check out the best Slack for projects solution with Workast!