The task composer in Slack allows you to create a task in any Slack channel without having to move to that channel.
To use the task composer:
- Type the command /todo in a Slack channel and hit enter. The task composer pane will appear.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Space and choose the space/channel for your task.
- Next to the space name, you can use the drop down to choose the list in the space where the task will be created. (The default list will be chosen if not updated.)
- Type the task title in the Summary line.
- Enter a due date by using the drop-down menu. Repeat for a due time if you wish. Scroll down for additional options.
- Click the drop-down menu under "Assign to" to assign the task to one or multiple users. (The assignee option does not appear for Personal tasks as those are visible only to you.)
- You can add a task description in the Description section.
- Once you are finishing creating your task, click "Create."
Please note that using the task composer will only create a task creation message in Slack if you create the task in your current channel. Otherwise, you will receive confirmation of the task creation but it will be only visible to you.