The task composer in Slack allows you to create a task in any Slack channel without having to move to that channel.
To use the task composer:
- Type the command /todo in a Slack channel and hit enter. The task composer pane will appear.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Space and choose the space/channel for your task. The task will be created in the default list in that space/channel.
- Type the task title in the Summary line.
- You can add a task description in the Description section.
- Enter a due date by using the drop-down menu. Repeat for a due time if you wish. Scroll down for additional options.
- Click the drop-down menu under "Assign to" to assign the task to one or multiple users.
- Once you are finishing creating your task, click "Create."
Please note that using the task composer will only create a task creation message in Slack if you create the task in your current channel. Otherwise, you will receive confirmation of the task creation but it will be only visible to you.